Rehearsal Dinner Dress- Simplicity 2648

So it has been quite some time. I have a perfectly good excuse, I swear. Since I last saw you, I got married, I graduated with my masters, I got a job, I bought a house, and I got a dog. Wow, looking at it all written down like that is a little overwhelming. I am finally starting to settle into this new life, and I have plenty of projects that I have been working on to share with you.

The first one I want to share is the dress that I made for my rehearsal dinner back in May. I used Simplicity Pattern 2648. This pattern is part of the Amazing Fit patterns. It's the only one I have used from this series but I love it. I have since bought a few more of these patterns and can't wait to try them out. They let you select between different fit options, such as slim, regular, and curvy.

I used a purple satin that I bought during a trip to Mary Jo's. It was definitely the most luxurious fabric I had ever used at that point. It was amazing the difference the quality of fabric has when you are sewing. Everything just seemed to go so much smoother.

Since the rehearsal dinner, I wear this dress all the time. I wear it to other weddings, I wear it out to dinner, and I wear it to work, a lot.

Leave a Reply

Popular posts